Saturday, December 18, 2010

Heliotrope - Heliotrope


Artist: Heliotrope
Album: Heliotrope
Genre: Funk/rock/reggae (French?)
Link to the Music: Heliotrope - Heliotrope

Oh happy days! Exams are finally over! Congratulations to everyone!
Finally!

Today's album comes from Montreal and blends funk, reggae and French. I don't understand a word of what they are saying because there is a surprising lack of the term "sac a dos". Which, from my rudimentary understanding of the French language, is the most important word ever taught in French class. 

Dora's magical sac-a-dos and the map.  
My inability to speak the French language aside, this album is still a good listen. It's not the level of funk I was hoping for when I first saw it, its more of a blend of reggae style strumming (short choppy strokes) with rock themes. The mail female duet compliments each other nicely, but I can't shake the feeling that they are constrained by the lack of references to magical backpacks. 

Give it a listen, have a beer and god damn it don't study. 

Keep Rocking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment