Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Robyn - Bodytalk

Body Talk [Explicit] [+Digital Booklet]

Artist: Robyn
Album: Body Talk
Genre: Electropop
Link to the Music: Robyn -Body Talk

Today's album Body Talk by Robyn has been on my "music to listen to" list since early December. During exams, I didn't listen to it because I can't study to music with words. Then I forgot to pick it up before I went to Trinidad, so here we are, a month+ after this final album in the Body Talk trilogy was released and I finally got around to listening to this album. The Body Talk trilogy was released from September to November by Swedish artist Robyn. Body Talk features 10 songs from Body Talk pt. 1 and pt. 2 and has 5 original tracks (separately available as Body Talk pt. 3). 

With electropop the singers often have a tendency to sing in cold, emotionless, robotic voices. Not here, well at least not always. Don't Fucking Tell me what to do and Love Kills conform to a more standard electropop emotionless soundscape. But then songs like Get Myself Together and Dancing my Own convey a level of vocal emotion that isn't common in this genre.

The synth sounds on this album are really well produced and are my favorite part of the album. The synth on Indestructible sounds straight out of a Daft Punk album. The music is really well produced and compliments Robyn's vocals well. 

The album has done really well with other reviewers, and if you read the top 100 albums for other music reviewers, its usually in the top 20. I enjoyed the album but not enough to say it's one of my favorites of 2010. It's worth listening to if you're into electropop but if you're not, this isn't a "can't miss" album. 

Keep Rocking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment